Because of those generous individuals who have donated, I am 50% done my Fundraising Goal.
This has been an amazing adventure, and I have met some pretty phenomenal people.
I cannot express my gratitude enough to those who have supported me in this cause, and I will not lie, I struggle. I struggle BIG TIME with anxiety and stress. At the beginning of this journey, that $7500 goal scared the jelly beans out of me. I lost much sleep over worrying of how to fundraise, as I am one of the most introverted people I know. I also struggle everyday with Type 2 Diabetes. I sometimes forget to take my Metformin and to make the healthier choices (especially over the holidays). But every day is a new day, and I need to look ahead – not in the past.
I encourage the Facebook Followers of “Colleen Hikes For Diabetes - Ireland” to share this page with your friends and family as I have a lot of fun ideas for Fundraising in 2018, and I’m sure they wouldn’t want to miss out!
Coming up soon;
- Handmade Valentine’s Day cards
- Handmade Coptic Stitch Sketchbooks
- An Online Auction
- Another Paint Night
- Notifications for Items for Sale
Websites Worthy of Bookmarking;
- My Photography Services: www.facebook.com/ColleenDontignyPhotography/?pnref=lhc
- My Personal Blog & Website:
- Team Diabetes Official Pledge Page: http://crm2.diabetes.ca/goto/cdontigny
- Hello 2018 (Colouring Calendar Journal) - Online Purchase:
I also want to give a HUGE shout-out to my top supporters to date;
- My Father, Tom & Mother, Irene; for your continued support and constant encouragement.
- My Best Friend Sarah; who will always be there for me & support me like crazy, no matter the hardships life throws our way.
- To my General Manager, Kristin and to Holmes & Brakel for the Holiday Donation and continued support in all my Fundraising endeavors.
- To Amanda, and Catherine for not only donating towards a Family Portrait Package, but also attended my Zombie Make-up Tutorial.
- To my family members; Aunt Gail, Uncle Gord, and Uncle Czes – for donating in the way of Purchasing my Photography Prints.
Thank you to everyone who has helped me come this far!
Colleen lives in Arnprior and is working to control her Type 2 Diabetes by training and Fundraising for the 2018 SSE Airtricity Wicklow Mountain Hike in Ireland with Team Diabetes.